Monday, September 1, 2014
This mostly went together well, though I changed the neckline. I couldn't quite figure out the pattern's instructions to make their neckline work, and time was running out, so I just made my own and attached it in a more familiar way (though one that leaves visible topstitching, which apparently the original pattern method did not).
You can also see that the zig-zag stitching attaching the sleeves is visibly pucker-y; I must need to switch to a smaller stitch length.
I also took in the sides quite a bit - about four inches in all. I'm several sizes larger in the bust than in the waist for most pattern brands, and I didn't want the top to be too snug, so I chose the size based on my bust measurement.