Tuesday, December 26, 2017

2017 Sewing

I'm clearly not made for blogging!

I achieved my goal of completing 52 sewing projects in the year - my total completed projects now is 57, with one more that's so quick and easy I'm likely to finish it before the new year.

The overwhelming majority of my projects were knit tops - 34 of this year's completed projects were variations on my mashup of the Concord and the Renfrew.  They nearly all got a lot of wear, and my skills have improved enough since the beginning of the year that I can see marked improvement in the ones I made late in the year.

In the next year, I'm sure I'll still make lots of knit tops - I have a lot of fabric right for that - but as a goal for the next year, I want to expand my repertoire somewhat.

I'm going to have to, anyway - I'm going to be making my own wedding dress for August.  The pattern I've chosen is easy and the lines are simple, but I don't have much experience with wovens, so I'll be focusing a lot of my sewing efforts on improving my skills in that area.

Making my own wedding dress, and the work involved in developing the skills to do it, is probably enough of a goal, but I'm setting a tentative second goal - complete projects based on 12 patterns I've never done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment